When you pray
((Matt((
2009-07-16 19:07:33 UTC
Luke 11:2-4 (New King James Version)

2 So He said to them, “When you pray, say:

Our Father in heaven,[a]
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.[b]
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins,
For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.” [c]

Footnotes:

1. Luke 11:2 NU-Text omits Our and in heaven.
2. Luke 11:2 NU-Text omits the rest of this verse.
3. Luke 11:4 NU-Text omits But deliver us from the evil one.

Going up to the mountain to pray and reflect.

Thought I'd leave you with this.

God Bless You All

Matt
2009-07-16 22:18:09 UTC
Post by ((Matt((
Luke 11:2-4 (New King James Version)
Our Father in heaven,[a]
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.[b]
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins,
For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one." [c]
So WHY do Christians do the OPPOSITE??????

Our Jesus
who art in our hearts (but ALSO seated at the right hand side of God ...
though, dear Jesus, you ARE God ... or the son of God ... and God's Christ)
Hello to your name - Jesus - Jesus - Jesus - Jesus - Jesus
Thy rapture and apocalyptic Armageddon come
My fundamentalist will be done
On earth as it is heavin'
Give us this day our daily Jesus Jingle
And forgive us our trespasses
As we surely won't forgive anyone who is not a "true Christian"

In Jesus name

Amen
--
MY BLOG - MARK T - my thoughts on Christianity & links
http://www.blognow.com.au/strooth/

MY SOUNDCLICK PAGE- download my original songs in mp3 format
http://www.soundclick.com/marktindall
Abby
2009-07-16 22:51:34 UTC
Post by I
Post by ((Matt((
[...]
Mark do you consider yourself a Christian or a Pagan?

Abby
2009-07-16 22:57:14 UTC
Post by Abby
Post by I
Post by ((Matt((
[...]
Abby, WHO do you pray to? Jesus or God??????

That will determine whether you are a pagan or a Christian.
Abby
Abby
Who did Jesus say to pray to????
((Matt))
2009-07-16 22:52:53 UTC
Post by I
Post by ((Matt((
Luke 11:2-4 (New King James Version)
Our Father in heaven,[a]
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.[b]
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins,
For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one." [c]
So WHY do Christians do the OPPOSITE??????
Christians do not just the hate filled.
Amen
2009-07-16 22:58:54 UTC
Post by ((Matt))
Post by I
Post by ((Matt((
Luke 11:2-4 (New King James Version)
Our Father in heaven,[a]
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.[b]
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins,
For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one." [c]
So WHY do Christians do the OPPOSITE??????
Christians do not just the hate filled.
Jesus said to pray to the Father so WHY do some Christians pray to Jesus
instead????
Abby
2009-07-16 23:03:34 UTC
Post by I
Post by ((Matt))
Post by I
Post by ((Matt((
Luke 11:2-4 (New King James Version)
Our Father in heaven,[a]
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.[b]
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins,
For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one." [c]
So WHY do Christians do the OPPOSITE??????
Christians do not just the hate filled.
Jesus said to pray to the Father so WHY do some Christians pray to
Jesus instead????
Because the Bible says you cannot get to the Father without going
through the Son who is of course Jesus.
I pray to the Father, the Triune God.

Abby
2009-07-16 23:11:17 UTC
Post by I
Post by ((Matt))
Post by I
Post by ((Matt((
Luke 11:2-4 (New King James Version)
Our Father in heaven,[a]
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.[b]
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins,
For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one." [c]
So WHY do Christians do the OPPOSITE??????
Christians do not just the hate filled.
Jesus said to pray to the Father so WHY do some Christians pray to Jesus
instead????
Because the Bible says you cannot get to the Father without going through
the Son who is of course Jesus.
I pray to the Father, the Triune God.
1. "in Jesus' name" means "in Jesus method' according to Aramaic scholar
George M Lamsa. It doesn't mean adding "in Jesus name" at the end of a
prayer. It is not some sort of magic formula for Christians as if God will
not hear your prayers unless it is said. Likewise God doesn't need to hear
an "Amen" in order to know that you've finished praying.

2. The One God Yaweh is one and not three.

3. John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes unto the
Father except through me.

"Three I AM sayings have been combined in v.6 .... Like the other I AM
sayings ... this one too, has been formulated by the evangelist, possibly
out of older formulas." - Funk, Hoover & The Jesus Seminar "The Five
Gospels: Polebridge:1993) p.451

The120 Jesus Seminar Scholars designated this saying BLACK - "I would not
include this item in the primary database / Jesus did not say this; it
represents the perspective or content of a later or different tradition".

Putting it in Plain English - Jesus of Nazareth NEVER stated John 14:6. It
is the invention of the writer of the gospel (who WASN'T the apostle John.)
4. I'm a Christian who follows the same One God whom Jesus followed and
therefore I pray to the same One God whom Jesus prayed to. I'm not a pagan
who prays to a human like Jesus of Nazareth.

Abby
2009-07-16 23:33:40 UTC
Post by I
Post by Abby
Post by I
Post by ((Matt))
Post by I
Post by ((Matt((
[...]
Mark, in Genesis 3 : 22 after Adam and Eve had sinned what did God
say? Who was He talking to? (NIV)

Abby
2009-07-17 00:08:41 UTC
Mark, in Genesis 3 : 22 after Adam and Eve had sinned what did God say?
Who was He talking to? (NIV)
And the LORD God *[Yahweh not Jesus of Nazareth] said , "Now that the man
has become like one of us, knowing good and bad, what if he should stretch
out his hand and also take from the tree of life and eat, and live forever!"

1. This is a myth and not time space history.

2. The royal "we" does not imply a plurality of the One God but is a JEWISH
IDIOM for expressing the majesty of God.

3. The writer imagines the One God speaking out aloud to the reader.

Now a question for you ...........

Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone. You shall love the
LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your
might.

Deuteronomy 6:4 -5 (Tanakh, Jewish Publication Society: 1985)

*[NOTE: "LORD" is substituted for the tetragrammaton YHWH meaning the ONE
God of Israel and does not refer to Jesus of Nazareth.]

And one of the scholars approached when he heard them arguing, and because
he saw how skillfully Jesus answered them, he asked him, 'Of all the
commandments, which is the most important?'

Jesus answered: "The first is 'Hear, Israel, the LORD your God is one LORD,
and you are to love the LORD your God with all your heart and all your soul
[and all your mind] and with all your energy.'

And the scholar said to him, "That's a fine answer, Teacher. You have
correctly said that God is one and there is no other beside him. And 'to
love him with all one's heart and with all one's mind and with all one's
energy' and 'to love one's neighbor as oneself' is greater than all the
burnt offerings and sacrifices put together."

And when Jesus saw that he answered him sensibly, he said to him, "You are
not far from God's domain."

Mark 12:28-34 Scholars Version

*[NOTE: "LORD" refernces the tetragrammaton YHWH in Deuteronomy 6:4 -5
meaning the ONE God of Israel and does not refer to Jesus of Nazareth.]

Where is Jesus of Nazareth mentioned in the greatest commandment?????

THE CONFUSION OF LORDS

"Lord" = "YHWH" in the Old Testament
"Lord" = "lord / boss" (refering to Jesus of Nazareth) in the New Testament
THEREFORE
YHWH = Jesus of Nazareth

The confusion only works because of the substituted word ("Lord") for "YHWH"
in the Old Testament is the same word for "boss" in the New Testament.

Abby
2009-07-17 00:33:09 UTC
Post by I
Post by Abby
[...]
6:4 -5 meaning the ONE God of Israel and does not refer to Jesus of
Nazareth.]
Where is Jesus of Nazareth mentioned in the greatest
commandment?????
THE CONFUSION OF LORDS
"Lord" = "YHWH" in the Old Testament
"Lord" = "lord / boss" (refering to Jesus of Nazareth) in the New Testament
THEREFORE
YHWH = Jesus of Nazareth
The confusion only works because of the substituted word ("Lord")
for "YHWH" in the Old Testament is the same word for "boss" in the
New Testament.
--
MY BLOG - MARK T - my thoughts on Christianity & links
http://www.blognow.com.au/strooth/
MY SOUNDCLICK PAGE- download my original songs in mp3 format
http://www.soundclick.com/marktindall
Genesis1:26 (NIV) Then God said Let US make man in OUR
image.....................

Mark, I am not going to banter over this with you because even if you
do not believe in a Triune God you still act and treat people as
though you honor No God at all. Why is that? You are so mean. We
will agree to disagree on this as the argument could go on forever. I
notice you use other publications such as the apocrypha (sp) to study
by. If you are so learned, why must you degrade Christians so badly?

Abby
2009-07-17 01:06:49 UTC
Post by Abby
Genesis1:26 (NIV) Then God said Let US make man in OUR
image.....................
The royal "we" does not imply a plurality of the One God but is a JEWISH
IDIOM for expressing the majesty of God.

Do you have any idea what an idiom is?????????

I note that you cannopt answer my question: "Where is Jesus of Nazareth
mentioned in the greatest commandment?????"

The answer, of course, is that Jesus of Nazareth ISN'T mentioned in the
greatest commandment.

The Jewish Shema (Deuteronomy 6:4) does not mention Jesus of Nazareth.

Whatever your "trinity" is, it is NOT the One God whom Jesus worshipped and
was quoted in the passages above.

Why have you chosen to be a pagan worshipping a human as God????
Post by Abby
you still act and treat people as though you honor No God at all. Why is
Post by I
that? You are so mean.
I disagree with Christian fundamentalism therefore I am mean. That makes
sense ............ not!

You should read Christians such as Martin Luther (with his swear words) or
Jonathan Swift or Rabelaise or Ersamus.
Post by Abby
I notice you use other publications such as the apocrypha (sp) to study
by.
"apocrypha" ????? QUE????

The Tanakh (Jewish Publication Society: 1985) is the JEWISH Bible - The Old
Testament.

Scholars Version of the Five Gospels was created by the 120 scholars in the
Jesus Seminar.

Abby
2009-07-17 14:33:14 UTC
Post by I
Post by Abby
I notice you use other publications such as the apocrypha (sp) to
study by.
"apocrypha" ????? QUE????
The Tanakh (Jewish Publication Society: 1985) is the JEWISH Bible -
The Old Testament.
Scholars Version of the Five Gospels was created by the 120 scholars
in the Jesus Seminar.
--
MY BLOG - MARK T - my thoughts on Christianity & links
http://www.blognow.com.au/strooth/
MY SOUNDCLICK PAGE- download my original songs in mp3 format
http://www.soundclick.com/marktindall
I do NOT worship any human Mark. I worship God. Who happens to be The
Father, Son and Holy Spirit all in one. Called The Father God, or the
Godhead. The Bible talks about it, how can you ignore it?

Its kind of like you are a husband, father and a son, all in one but
you are Mark. I am not a pagan and I resent you calling me such.
If you wish to call me a fundie, I do not mind. I think its funny as
do most of us I think, but you are still so mean to people that they
don't take you seriously because of it. You have become the butt of
the NG jokes.

You are obviously a smart person, why not use it in a more
constructive way instead of tearing people down?

Abby
Dr. House
2009-07-17 14:49:05 UTC
On Jul 17, 7:33 am, "Abby" <***@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
I do NOT worship any human Mark.  I worship God. Who happens to be The
Father, Son and Holy Spirit all in one. Called The  Father God, or the
Godhead.  The Bible talks about it, how can you ignore it?
Its kind of like you are a husband, father and a son, all in one but
you are Mark.
Interesting analogy. Did you realize it is a Oneness analogy rather
than a Trinity analogy?

Does Mark the husband know what Mark the son is doing right now? Of
course he does for they are just different names for the same
personality. Mark has different roles and his title changes in each
role. You can't point to any example of Trinity in nature. The three
states of water is a Oneness analogy. And the human mind lacks the
ability to understand Trinity which is contrary to our understanding
of logic.

Of course I now realize that Oneness doesn't fit the entire Bible any
more that Trinity does. That is because the authors of the Bible did
not agree with each other.
I am not a pagan and I resent you calling me such.
If you wish to call me a fundie, I do not mind.   I think its funny as
do most of us I think, but you are still so mean to people that they
don't take you seriously  because of it.
I would have to agree. I think Mark T would greatly improve his
impact if he were to tone it down and be super nice even to
the . . . . er . . . most fundamentalist of the fundamentalists.
You have become the butt of
the NG jokes.
I don't know about that. He seems to be a source of the jokes.
You are obviously a smart person, why not use it in a more
constructive way instead of tearing people down?
I would agree with that as well. But then Mark is not House. I can
understand if Mark wants to follow his own path rather than mine.

God bless,

House

Mordecai
2009-07-17 00:33:21 UTC
Post by Abby
Post by I
Post by ((Matt))
Post by I
Post by ((Matt((
Luke 11:2-4 (New King James Version)
Our Father in heaven,[a]
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.[b]
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins,
For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one." [c]
So WHY do Christians do the OPPOSITE??????
Christians do not just the hate filled.
Jesus said to pray to the Father so WHY do some Christians pray to
Jesus instead????
Because the Bible says you cannot get to the Father without going
through the Son who is of course Jesus.
I pray to the Father, the Triune God.
Abby
Umm - is "the father" the "triune god?"
What is the name of your triune god?

--
Mordecai!

When words and actions disagree, believe actions.
When rhetoric and reality disagree, either rhetoric is wrong or reality is
wrong, and reality is Never wrong.
2009-07-17 01:19:57 UTC
Post by Mordecai
Umm - is "the father" the "triune god?"
Not according to the Shema of Deuteronomy 6:4-5 which Jesus quoted as being
the greatest commandment.
Post by Mordecai
What is the name of your triune god?
OBVIOUSLY, the "triune god" is Jesus.

What are the three parts that make up Jesus????

It can't be the One God Jesus mentions in Deuteronomy 6:4-5.

THE TRIUNE JESUS AS GOD:
- the Pre-Easter Jesus of Nazareth (Jesus as a human)
- the Post-Easter Christ of Faith (Jesus as god - invented after Jesus'
death)
- the Present Jesus (Jesus living in a Christian's physical heart now)

None of them are the Father God whom Jesus spoke about in the Greatest
Commandment and the Lord's Prayer.

ANOTHER QUESTION .........

Matthew 26:30 says that the apostles and Jesus "sang a hymn".

WHO did they sing the hymn to?

Was it a Jesus Jingle to Jesus?????

If so, why did Jesus sing a hymn to himself?????

Abby
they sang to God the Father.
Terry Cross
2009-07-16 23:55:52 UTC
Post by I
Post by ((Matt))
Post by I
Post by ((Matt((
Luke 11:2-4 (New King James Version)
     Our Father in heaven,[a]
     Hallowed be Your name.
     Your kingdom come.[b]
     Your will be done
     On earth as it is in heaven.
      3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
      4 And forgive us our sins,
     For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
     And do not lead us into temptation,
     But deliver us from the evil one." [c]
So WHY do Christians do the OPPOSITE??????
Christians do not just the hate filled.
Jesus said to pray to the Father so WHY do some Christians pray to Jesus
instead????
On what authority do you claim that Christians pray to Jesus? Do you
listen at keyholes? Peek into windows? Open other people's mail?

Where is your authority?

TCross