How to become a "good" Christian in 20 easy steps.
Mark T
2005-10-31 04:55:59 UTC
How to become a "good" Christian in 20 easy steps.

1. Confess to all your friends, associates and church leaders that you love
Jesus and intend to become His slave and that you will devote your life to
Him. It doesn't matter whether you believe it or not, just saying it will
put you in a Christian mode.

2. Join a church, get baptized and attribute your conversion to the priest
or minister. Gaze reverently into his eyes as he pontificates about the
nature of God. Sighing every once and a while, or wiping a tear will
guarantee their devotion. If you join a revival church, fall to the floor,
shake your body, put up both hands and yell: JAYsus-ah! NEVER bring up the
topic of sexual molestation to your priest, no matter how many boys or girls
he may have poked.

3. Every Sunday, make sure you put a large sum of MONEY into the church's
MONEY basket. Make sure that everyone in the congregation sees you giving
MONEY.

4. When talking with your priest and religious friends, occasionally confuse
something that they said with something that Jesus said. This will impress
them and they will think more highly of you.

5. Read the Bible, but ignore the atrocities and concentrate only on what
seems "good" to you. For instance, discard the parts where God kills
firstborns, pregnant women, etc., and only keep verses such as "God is
love." Its like taking a sugar coated bitter pill, but it will appear good
and that's what counts here.

6. Learn a few basic Hebrew words and whenever you're in a religious
discussion, mention them in the context of their original meaning and
comparing them to the English version. This will impress others of your
Biblical knowledge, even if you don't know squat about theology.

7. Rely on faith and believe in the Bible superstitions, regardless of how
silly they may seem. Yes, even the talking donkey, unicorns, and the
strolling on water part. Even if you don't believe in them, just pretend
that you do; no one will be able to tell the difference.

8. Abandon all reason and critical thinking. This is imperative. You cannot
become a good Christian if you question the Bible with reason or skepticism.

9. Smile a lot to everyone you see. Say you love them even when you hate
their guts. You must pretend, at all costs, to love your worst enemies even
if it kills them in the end.

10. Attempt to convert your unbelieving friends. Make an ass out of yourself
to the point of getting them angry. Make sure you always keep smiling and
tell them how much you love them. This will escalate their anger and leave
you fully satisfied. If they persist, claim that they are in league with the
Devil and only faith in Jesus can release them (make sure you keep smiling).

11. If anyone presents reasonable arguments against Christianity, simply go
into denial. Say that their tempting only makes your faith grow stronger.
Never submit to them.

12. If your antagonists quote a verse from the Bible that contradicts your
position, simply say that they're taking that verse out of context. The
out-of-context ploy will get you out of many difficult situations and will
make it seem that you actually understand the correct context when in fact
you don't.

13. Pray. Make sure you pray, not just in church, but in public parks,
schools, libraries, and when visiting friends and relatives. Praying out
loud is a sure way to convince others of your Christianity.

14. Advertise your Christianity. Examples: wear religious symbols such as a
cross; always have a Bible handy; put fish symbols on your car; put a baby
Jesus on the front lawn; put a plastic Jesus in your car. Cross yourself a
lot.

15. Wear conservative clothes. For the best effect: Men should wear white
shirts and dark pants. Suits should be baby blue. Women should wear long
dresses and veils. The hair style should be frumpish. Old ladies should dye
their hair blue. NEVER attempt to look sexy. Never tattoo your body with
religious symbols. Women should never expose their breasts. Men should NEVER
expose their genitals.

16. Get married and raise a family. The bigger the better. If you cannot
conceive, adopt. Profess family values. If you cheat on your spouse, never
make it known to them. Never get a divorce, regardless of how miserable you
both feel.

17. When making love to your spouse, make it known that it's for Christ (and
I don't mean yelling out Jesus' name). Think of Jesus when you come. After
sex, instead of a smoking a cigarette, discuss the works of the virgin
Jesus.

18. If any power threatens your Christianity, make sure your political
stance aims to destroy that threat (always through love, of course.) If the
threat comes from a foreign country, support the military to crush the enemy
(always through love, of course). If the threat comes from within your
country, support legislation to change the constitution so that your
Christian position will prevail.

19. If you're fortunate to achieve political power, use your religious
beliefs to direct your actions. It doesn't matter how many enemies you
slaughter or what freedoms are lost, as long as your justification is based
on the Bible, you will become a Christian of history.

20 The most important of all: Give your possessions away (charity). The
Bible says give all you have to anyone who asks (Luke 6:30). May I suggest
that for practice, give me all your money. I'm officially asking that you to
please give me ALL your MONEY. Warning: If you do not do this, you are
disobeying a direct Jesus request. However, if you do obey this command, it
will guarantee you a Christian position and you will garner my greatest
esteem and respect for you.

If you follow the above examples (especially step 20), you will become an
authentic Christian.
Eric Fisher
2005-10-31 23:28:16 UTC
thanks mark,
i have been a "lousy" christian for far too long. i am hoping this new
method will lead to god curing my bunions also.
Pastor Dave
2005-10-31 23:39:08 UTC
Post by Eric Fisher
i have been a "lousy" christian for far too long.
That's because you still think of yourself as the sinner
that was already crucified with Christ.
--
Pastor Dave
1st Century Church of Christ

The end timers believe in a literal, physical
New Jerusalem. But is that what Scripture teaches?
No, it doesn't! So what is the New Jerusalem? It
is amazing what the end timers miss, especially
since it is stated clearly that the New Jerusalem
is the bride of Christ, the church.

Revelation 21:1,9-10

1) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth. For the
first heaven and the first earth had passed away.
9) And one of the seven angels who had the seven
vials full of the seven last plagues came to me and
talked with me, saying, Come here, I will show you
the bride, the Lamb's wife.
10) And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great
and high mountain and showed me that great city, the
holy Jerusalem, descending out of Heaven from God
Richard Dawkins
2005-11-01 00:23:06 UTC
Post by Mark T
[...]
Ahhh the God hating fool spouts more bs than bullcrap in a turbine engine
:0)
Mark T
2005-11-01 00:47:28 UTC
"Dickie Dawkins" wrote:

... whatever ...

Jesus said in Matthew 5:42, "Give to him that asketh thee, and from
him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."

May I have your house and car and may I borrow your most prized possession?

Waiting in anticipation!
Richard Dawkins
2005-11-01 01:24:14 UTC
Post by Mark T
... whatever ...
Jesus said in Matthew 5:42, "Give to him that asketh thee, and from
him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."
May I have your house and car and may I borrow your most prized possession?
Waiting in anticipation!
TOP TEN SIGNS YOU'RE A ATHEIST

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of the only god claimed and supported
by the only true religion, but feel outraged when
someone denies the existence of atheism.

9 - You feel enlightened and "humanized" when scientists say that people
evolved from other life forms, but you have a huge problem with the Biblical
claim that we were created by GOD.

8 - You laugh at theists, but you have no problem believing in order out of
chaos.

7 - you don't flinch when hearing about how atheists slaughtered all the
babies of China and Russia in the
history books and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in
Cambodia and other countries including
women and children!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about
gods sleeping with women, and you laugh and villify
people believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth
to a man-god who was crucified for our sins,came back to life and then
ascended into heaven.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the
scientifically established age of Earth, and you find everything wrong with
believing dates recorded by Bronze Age scientists sitting in their homes
and stating the age of the earth.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet have no souls
including those in all rival sects of secular humanism- and will
spend Eternity in blackness and devoid of any purpose.

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed
to convince you otherwise, some idiot out to save his
paycheck and tenure rolling around on the floor speaking like a talking
monkey gloriying evilution may be
all the evidence you need to "prove" Atheism.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to atheist
evidence for no God.
You consider that to be evidence that atheism works. And you
think that the remaining 99.99% SUCCESS was simply chance.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many theists and agnostics do about
the Bible, Christianity, and church
history - but still call yourself an atheist.
Mark T
2005-11-01 01:38:59 UTC
Post by Mark T
Jesus said in Matthew 5:42, "Give to him that asketh thee, and from
him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."
May I have your house and car and may I borrow your most prized possession?
Waiting in anticipation!
Still waiting for a reply, Dickie!

Are you rebelling aginst Jesus?

Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft!!!! - 1 Samuel 15:23
Richard Dawkins
2005-11-01 02:17:44 UTC
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark T
Jesus said in Matthew 5:42, "Give to him that asketh thee, and from
him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."
May I have your house and car and may I borrow your most prized possession?
Waiting in anticipation!
Still waiting for a reply, Dickie!
Are you rebelling aginst Jesus?
Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft!!!! - 1 Samuel 15:23
Your disillusioned ramblings about me rebelling against Jesus makes about as
much sense to the uninitiated as peanut butter to an aliens palate.
Any more of this duncescreed and we'll have to pack you up,freeze dry you,
and send you off to the museum for brainless talking monkeys.
Mark T
2005-11-01 02:18:10 UTC
REPENT!!!!!

Jesus said in Matthew 5:42, "Give to him that asketh thee, and from him
that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."

May I have your house and car and may I borrow your most prized possession?

Are you rebelling aginst Jesus?

Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft!!!! - 1 Samuel 15:23

Please pray for Dickie Dawkins who is a confessed witch rebelling against
Jesus!
Richard Dawkins
2005-11-01 02:24:58 UTC
You militant atheists pretty much all work from the same script.
Although viewing yourselves as "free thinkers", you all have a Party Line
you follow rather closely.
It isn't difficult to anticipate your arguments on any
given point. Most intelligent religious individuals almost always can
correctly predict what
you'll say next.Interestingly, militant atheists get much of their beliefs
about "Christianity" from liberal Christians.
They'll pejoratively label all Christians as "Fundies",
then presumptively attack liberal theological concepts
they suppose us "Fundies" subscribe to !
Nearly all militant atheists are followers of the
religion of Scientism. Their priests wear white lab
coats. Their sacramental objects are the microscope,
the telescope, and the test tube. Blasphemy is to
deny the ultimate authority of science.
But the militant atheists -the ones who have devoted
their lives to refuting Christianity- are almost like the
demons ...who believe more firmly in God's existence
than do Christians !
It can unequivocally be stated that militant atheists are some
of the people who most solidly believe in God !
Ain't talking 'practical atheists' here ...those who don't
even think much about atheism. They're the true
atheists.
Professional atheists who've dedicated themselves
to eradicating the Lord do so because they hate Him.
They're the God-haters.
To which they'll invariably reply: 'How can we hate
something we don't believe in ?'.
Exactly ! It's their belief in God which drives them to
relentlessly attack Him.
Run of the mill, everyday 'practical atheists' don't
give God a second thought. They're the ones
I worry about.
Whereas militant atheists are fighting against the
innate knowledge of suppressed in their hearts.
As a militant atheist I can unequivocally state that there is no time in
your life that you
totally disbelieved in God. And -in fact- were driven to
work against the Lord by belief in Him !
It isn't that militant atheists don't believe God exists.
Instead: That they don't want God to exist.
Mark T

Jesus!
Richard Dawkins
bob young
2005-11-01 05:28:02 UTC
What a miserable failure of a Christian you really are.

Bob

"There was a time when I believed in the story and the scheme of salvation,
so far as I could understand it, just as I believed there was a Devil.
Suddenly the light broke through to me and I knew this God was a lie. For
indeed it is a silly story, and each generation nowadays swallows it with
greater difficulty. Why do people go on pretending about this Christianity?"
[H. G. Wells]

Christianity is the most ridiculous, the most absurd, and bloody religion
that has ever infected the world.
[Voltaire]
bob young
2005-11-01 05:24:02 UTC
What, again you fail to answer a clear cut question?

If your god cannot tell you how, ask the devil
[Oh no, that's no good, he don't exist either]
bob young
2005-11-01 05:23:02 UTC
Post by Richard Dawkins
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark T
Jesus said in Matthew 5:42, "Give to him that asketh thee, and from
him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."
May I have your house and car and may I borrow your most prized possession?
Waiting in anticipation!
Still waiting for a reply, Dickie!
Are you rebelling aginst Jesus?
Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft!!!! - 1 Samuel 15:23
Your disillusioned ramblings about me rebelling against Jesus makes about as
much sense to the uninitiated as peanut butter to an aliens palate.
Any more of this duncescreed and we'll have to pack you up,freeze dry you,
and send you off to the museum for brainless talking monkeys.
Well what an intelligent reply to a perfectly straightforward question.

WOW religionists really are slipping these days
bob young
2005-11-01 05:22:02 UTC
Post by Richard Dawkins
Post by Mark T
... whatever ...
Jesus said in Matthew 5:42, "Give to him that asketh thee, and from
him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."
May I have your house and car and may I borrow your most prized possession?
Waiting in anticipation!
TOP TEN SIGNS YOU'RE A ATHEIST
10 - You vigorously deny the existence of the only god claimed and supported
by the only true religion, but feel outraged when
someone denies the existence of atheism.
right because we do not wear blinkers so we can see the recorded history of
thousands of man made gods, all very similar in concept
Post by Richard Dawkins
9 - You feel enlightened and "humanized" when scientists say that people
evolved from other life forms, but you have a huge problem with the Biblical
claim that we were created by GOD.
Yes because it is patently stupid. A ten year old can see that
Post by Richard Dawkins
8 - You laugh at theists, but you have no problem believing in order out of
chaos.
No, i was once one myself. This atheist groans not laughs at the sight of his
contemporaries groveling to nothing
Post by Richard Dawkins
7 - you don't flinch when hearing about how atheists slaughtered all the
babies of China and Russia in the
history books and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in
Cambodia and other countries including
women and children!
You bloody fool. The hindus do the same and your ancestors no doubt did.
Historically boys are favored over girls so the farther you go back in time the
more this happens. it is nothing to do with your god to whom early Christians
used to sacrifice virgins. remember?
Post by Richard Dawkins
6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about
gods sleeping with women, and you laugh and villify
people believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth
to a man-god who was crucified for our sins,came back to life and then
ascended into heaven.
Laugh? It's no laughing matter it is a groaning matter
Post by Richard Dawkins
5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the
scientifically established age of Earth, and you find everything wrong with
believing dates recorded by Bronze Age scientists sitting in their homes
and stating the age of the earth.
we leave the 'loophole searching' to bottom of the barrel scraping religionists
Post by Richard Dawkins
4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet have no souls
including those in all rival sects of secular humanism- and will
spend Eternity in blackness and devoid of any purpose.
Please define to me what is a soul? Failing your definition I will claim that
it is an obscure word used by early religionists to bamboozle their followers.

there is no heaven , all religions claim one, which is the real one?
Post by Richard Dawkins
3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed
to convince you otherwise, some idiot out to save his
paycheck and tenure rolling around on the floor speaking like a talking
monkey gloriying evilution may be
all the evidence you need to "prove" Atheism.
Now, if your god were real there would be no need to resort to nastiness and
insults would there.

does that answer your question?
Post by Richard Dawkins
2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to atheist
evidence for no God.
The indications [there is no evidence either way] shows there are thousands of
man made gods and common sense tell non blinkered non brainwashed atheists that
in such case all gods are the same, imagined by man.

Otherwise the god that 'appeared and spoke to human' two thousand years ago
would, on looking at the world today, do exactly the same now.

I challenge your god to appear
Post by Richard Dawkins
You consider that to be evidence that atheism works. And you
think that the remaining 99.99% SUCCESS was simply chance.
ROFL [2 out of 100]
Post by Richard Dawkins
1 - You actually know a lot less than many theists and agnostics do about
the Bible, Christianity, and church
history - but still call yourself an atheist.
Yep, since I do not read primitive fiction

[Sorry if I spoiled your day, but as they say "That's Life"]

Cheers anyway

bob
humanist Brit.
Hong Kong

Religion is but a desperate attempt to find an escape from the truly dreadful
situation in which we find ourselves. Here we are in this wholly fantastic
universe with scarcely a clue as to whether our existence has any real
significance. No wonder then that many people feel the need for some belief
that gives them a sense of security, and no wonder that they become very angry
with people like me who say that this is illusory.
[With acknowledgements to Fred Hoyle]
bob young
you have a Loooooong wait !
Mark T
2005-11-01 08:50:03 UTC
Post by bob young
Post by Mark T
... whatever ...
Jesus said in Matthew 5:42, "Give to him that asketh thee, and from
him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."
May I have your house and car and may I borrow your most prized possession?
Waiting in anticipation!
you have a Loooooong wait !
Mmm ... yes ... Jesus didn't say how long one should have to wait for this
to be done ...

BUT ...

Dickie Dawkins is not a Trew Kristyun because he refuses to obey the
bible!

Dickie Dawkins rebelled against these words of Jesus and rebellion is as the
sin of witchcraft!!!! - 1 Samuel 15:23
Richard Dawkins
bob young
2005-11-01 05:06:01 UTC
Post by Richard Dawkins
Post by Mark T
[...]
Whats wrong? A para by para response is beyond you Eh?

Of course,I should have known
bob young
2005-11-01 05:07:03 UTC
Post by Richard Dawkins
Post by Mark T
[...]
He and I do not hate your god as your god is simply a myth.

For my part I despair at the groveling of supersitious humans that cannot exist
without a fairy to pray to
bob young

I now wait with baited breath for the squirming replies
Mark T
2005-11-01 08:47:36 UTC
Post by bob young
Post by Mark T
20 The most important of all: Give your possessions away (charity). The
Bible says give all you have to anyone who asks (Luke 6:30). May I suggest
that for practice, give me all your money. I'm officially asking that you to
please give me ALL your MONEY. Warning: If you do not do this, you are
disobeying a direct Jesus request. However, if you do obey this command, it
will guarantee you a Christian position and you will garner my greatest
esteem and respect for you.
If you follow the above examples (especially step 20), you will become an
authentic Christian.
Brilliant.
I now wait with baited breath for the squirming replies
Mmm ... Dickie Dawkins is not a Trew Kristyun because he refuses to obey the
bible!

Jesus said in Matthew 5:42, "Give to him that asketh thee, and from
him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."

I asked Dickie Dawkins for his house and car and to borrow his most prized
possession.

Richard Dawkins
bob young
2005-11-03 05:19:02 UTC
Post by Richard Dawkins
Post by Mark T
Post by bob young
Post by Mark T
[...]
ROFL

your imaginary sky pixie ALWAYS fails to erxist.

Keep trying
Richard Dawkins
2005-11-03 23:40:31 UTC
You God haters all pretty much bring the same stench to the room.
You are a fraud and nohing more.
You're not even skeptical enough to be called a "weak atheist."
The stains of your sins run deep in this life.
One day God is going to pour out his anger on you and one day you're going
to disappear into hell like burning straw.
Thus far I have melted you here in these last few threads and am now
skimming off the slag.
Now crawl back into your cave in the rocks and hide in terror from God.
Your time is coming.
bob young
2005-11-05 06:02:01 UTC
Post by Richard Dawkins
You God haters all pretty much bring the same stench to the room.
You are a fraud and nohing more.
You're not even skeptical enough to be called a "weak atheist."
The stains of your sins run deep in this life.
One day God is going to pour out his anger on you and one day you're going
to disappear into hell like burning straw.
Thus far I have melted you here in these last few threads and am now
skimming off the slag.
Now crawl back into your cave in the rocks and hide in terror from God.
Your time is coming.
WOW nothing like blindly following in primitive myth
to become an arrogant human being!

"Thank god I'm an atheist
bob young
2005-11-05 06:05:05 UTC
Post by Richard Dawkins
You God haters all pretty much bring the same stench to the room.
You are a fraud and nohing more.
You're not even skeptical enough to be called a "weak atheist."
The stains of your sins run deep in this life.
One day God is going to pour out his anger on you and one day you're going
to disappear into hell like burning straw.
Thus far I have melted you here in these last few threads and am now
skimming off the slag.
Now crawl back into your cave in the rocks and hide in terror from God.
Your time is coming.
Oh and you failed to address the points in my three posts above.

Figures. You can't without giving up your belief can you?
Richard Dawkins
2005-11-05 23:17:40 UTC
Post by bob young
Post by Richard Dawkins
You God haters all pretty much bring the same stench to the room.
You are a fraud and nohing more.
You're not even skeptical enough to be called a "weak atheist."
The stains of your sins run deep in this life.
One day God is going to pour out his anger on you and one day you're going
to disappear into hell like burning straw.
Thus far I have melted you here in these last few threads and am now
skimming off the slag.
Now crawl back into your cave in the rocks and hide in terror from God.
Your time is coming.
Oh and you failed to address the points in my three posts above.
Figures. You can't without giving up your belief can you?
The point is that you believe in God.
You are scared to death of him.
Case closed.